This article talks about how to use Atlas Recall and other tips that will help improve your experience with your personal searchable library.
Please keep in mind that to have the best experience possible using Atlas Recall, you need to have the application running in the background so that it can continue to build your personal database.
Make sure the app is running by checking for the Atlas icon in the menu bar:
If it isn't running, launch Recall by going into your 'Applications' and double clicking on the Recall icon.
To help you be more successful in using Recall, we’ve also come up with a few things that can help you get going:
1. Using Recall to search
There are so many ways to improve your productivity by using Recall. Here are some tips:
- Locate an email you’ve read, from any account.
- Search for a keyword or person in Recall, and narrow your search by ‘Email messages.’
- Only remember a few details about the article you read but don’t quite know where or when you read it? Do your search in Recall! Once you find it, you can open the article back in your browser.
- To narrow your search even further, you can also filter your search by ‘Web pages.’
- Open multiple documents instantly: Search for keywords or topics found in your documents, then help filter your search by selecting ‘Documents.’
- Hold down the ‘Command’ key and click on the documents you want to open.
- Click on the ‘Open’ button towards the bottom of the screen.
2. Set up your block list
a. Launch Recall.
b. Click on the Profile icon in the top right corner, and select 'Settings' from the drop down menu.
c. From the Settings view, click on 'Block List' in the left panel.
d. This will bring up the Block List, which will let you block a URL, file or folder from Recall.
e. Add the URL, file or folder and Recall will now exclude any items from that address from being added to your personal searchable library.
3. Delete items from Recall
a. In Recall, click on the item that you'd like to delete from your library AND block from being added going forward.
b. With the item in view, click on the trash can icon on the bottom of your screen.
4. Pause Recall
Recall acts as your digital photographic memory. If you'd like to pause Recall to exclude all your activity from being searchable, you can do so by using the 'Pause' feature within the application.
How to pause Recall:
1. Launch Recall.
2. Click on the Atlas icon in the menu bar.
3. This will bring up 3 options for pause: 15, 30 and 60 minutes:
Once Recall is paused, it will exclude any activity within that given time period from being added to your personal searchable library.
You can confirm that Recall is paused by observing that the Atlas icon now has a pause symbol on the bottom right corner:
To unpause Recall:
Click on the Atlas icon in your menu bar, and select 'Resume Auto-Capture'
If you have any questions that weren't answered by this article, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org