This article covers how to set up Atlas Recall in 3 steps: signing up, downloading and installing. Please note that as of this time, Recall can only be installed on Mac OS X and iOS (for iPhone).
To set up Atlas Recall, there are 3 steps:
- Sign up for Atlas Recall.
- Download Atlas Recall on Mac.
- Install and setup Atlas Recall.
To sign up for Atlas Recall:
- Go to our beta sign up page here.
- Use your email to sign up.
- Check your email - there should be an ‘Activate your Atlas Recall account’ message with a link to verify your account.
- Once you have verified, it should take you to the download link.
To download Atlas Recall:
If you have already signed up for Atlas Recall and have an active account, you can download Atlas Recall for Mac here.
Install and setup Atlas Recall:
- Now that you’ve downloaded Atlas Recall, you can typically find the installer in your ‘Downloads’ folder, or in the ‘Downloads’ section of your browser .
- Double-click on the ‘AtlasRecall.dmg’
- It will prompt you to respond to the Evaluation Agreement.
- If you ‘Agree,’ it will prompt you to drag the ‘Atlas Recall’ app to the ‘Applications’ folder .
- Once Atlas Recall is in your ‘Applications’ folder, go ahead and launch it by double clicking on the ‘Atlas Recall’ icon (if it doesn’t auto-launch) .
- Sign in using your email address and password.
- Please keep in mind that Atlas Recall will ask for permission to your Accessibility settings. To use Recall successfully, you will have to grant the app permission in the popup window. To read more about why Recall needs access to your Accessibility settings, please read our article here.
- Once you are successfully signed in (and you’ve never used Recall before), it will now walk you through setup, where Atlas Recall will collect 15 items.
- During the initial collection, just use your computer as you normally would, and Atlas Recall will do the rest.
If you have any questions or you were trying to do something that wasn’t covered in this article, please write to us at email@example.com