This article will walk you through the steps of getting completely set up with your Atlas Recall system. This includes setting up on your Mac, setting up your browser, downloading and installing extras, setting up and using Recall on your iPhone.
- Signing up for Atlas Recall
- Downloading and installing Recall for Mac
- Set up your browser for Recall
- Set up extras (optional)
1. From the Atlas.co homepage, click on 'Download' in the top right corner to be taken to registration.
2. Once you register, you should see the prompt to verify your account via email:
3. In your email, don't forget to click the verification link:
4. Clicking on this link will (1) Verify your Recall account and (2) Take you to the Recall for Mac download link:
5. Once you download, you will see the .dmg appear on the bottom tray of your browser. Click / open this .dmg to launch the installer:
6. The installer should launch, which will prompt you to agree to the SAAS Evaluation Agreement:
7. Clicking on 'Agree' will then prompt you to then move Atlas Recall into the Applications folder by clicking and dragging the icon:
8. Navigate to your Applications folder and double-click on the Atlas Recall icon to launch the app:
9. Launching the app will take you to the sign in screen. Use the same credentials you used to sign up for Atlas Recall:
10. Once you're signed in, it will walk you through the different installation steps:
11. The first step will be to enable Accessibility permissions for Atlas Recall. Click on 'Open System Preferences' to give permission. Why does Recall need access to this?
12. This will open the Security and Privacy settings, where you can give Atlas Recall permission to your Accessibility settings:
13. Once you give Recall accessibility permission, the app will let you go to the next step:
14. The next step will be to install the browser extensions to make sure that Recall is able to successfully add your web history:
15. Clicking on 'Install Chrome Extension' will take you to the Chrome store. Click on 'Add to Chrome' to install it on your browser:
15. Clicking on 'Install Safari Extension' will take you to directly installing the extension in Safari. Selecting 'Trust' will install the extension:
16. Once the browser extensions are installed, go back to Atlas Recall to proceed with the rest of set up:
17. The next step is to install Atlas Recall extras. These are: the Chrome extension for opening your recent items in a new tab using Recall, and the Recall companion app for iPhone:
18. To Recall New Tab Extension for Chrome, click on "Install New Tab Extension." It will take you to the Chrome store where you will be asked to add the extension to your Chrome browser. Click on 'Add to Chrome' to complete installation:
Using the Atlas Recall companion app for your iPhone:
1. When you first download the Atlas Recall app on your iPhone, it will prompt you to sign in with the same credentials that you are using on your Mac.
2. Once signed in, you can do a search as you normally would on Recall.
3. It also shows your Recent Items list, and lets you open your items from your iPhone.
If you have any questions or you were trying to do something that wasn’t covered in this article, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org